Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Samson

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  18:17:02  Show Profile
Ruh Roh,

I posted this in the flood topic but really would like to know about it outside the flood issue.

Being new and from Texas, I can only speak as to Texas tax. There is a retail sales tax the contractor must charge the customer on Commercial Roofing that is NOT owed on a residential roof (and it extends to labor AND materials). It would sure be easier if the tax were added on a separate line item for each material and labor category in those cases.

Example: tear off on a commercial roof is taxable to the building owner where it is not on a residence. Percentages vary from municipality to municipality. I've not yet been certified to handle flood claims.

Samson
Go to Top of Page

sbeau4014

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  22:18:55  Show Profile
Samson, in reference to your statement about the Texas sales tax, what you are talking about may not apply in "catastrophe" situations, ie when the gov or president declares an area a disaster area. It is in the tax code somewhere, but been a few yrs since I've researched it.
Go to Top of Page

Reconstruction Man

124 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  11:31:46  Show Profile
-JimF,

The connection is apparent. Refer to fivedaily's reply.

-fivedaily sez,

"The topic is on the NFIP's use of sales tax and how it is applied on the estimate. I think, despite my shock, that Reconman might have a valid, on topic post. If he degenerates into his usual rantings though about conspiracies and bad faith, I'll step in. For now though I think he is onpoint close enough to count."

--None of our posting's "rant" about "conspiracies". A few posting's touch on the insurer premium-to-insurer profit pipeline and the ecomomic possibilities behind (certain)
premium rate hikes / insurers claim settlement
business schemes.

Our postings have stated our discovery of (certain) insurers contradictory construction business estimating practices and subsequent claim settlement / underpayment issues, and their denial of those issues, especially in CAT loss scenarios. Surely TDI is not "Ranting" about improper insurer claim settlement [tax withholding] conduct in their B-0045-98 TDI bulletin.

Premium values returned in claim dollars, [ie; tax dollar issues] are a small part of consumer indemnification issues we, and intrinsically, CADO professionals, are bringing to the public's view.

http://www.tdi.state.tx.us/commish/bulletins/b-0045-8.html

And didn't Roy specifically state for everyone to keep their posting replies "professional" [dignified, respectful of others, etc.]?

In our opinion-Verbal slurs to us, in effect, slurs TDI rulings and policyholders rights...

We will, obvious, speak up for ourselves if inappropriate remarks are made towards consumers, TDI or ourselves.
Go to Top of Page

Ghostbuster

476 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  12:59:54  Show Profile
Roy, he's baiting us again. It's unprofessional, it's not germane to our area of interest, is it not time to flush this guy?
Go to Top of Page

Todd Summers

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2004 :  13:51:31  Show Profile
Ghost, just ignore him.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000