Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

rr

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  13:31:36  Show Profile
thanks for all of the help and information i just received my boots and now all i need is a roof to climb.
ron
Go to Top of Page

sflorig

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2002 :  14:50:05  Show Profile
Why bother taking them off when you get off the roof?
I put mine on in the hotel in the morning and take them off when I get back in the afternoon.
This does not seem to wear the pads out to any great degree. I have one of the original pairs of boots I got from Dan Cougar back in '98 when he was still selling them out of the back of his pick up truck in hotel parking lots. I also had a pair of the tennis shoes which is what came out before the boots but they were passed on when I got the boots from Dan. Wonder if they would be worth something today as a collectors item? I am still using the same pair of boots and they work just fine and just have changed out the pads as the need arises.
I agree that a rope and harness is the way to go on anything that is 12/12 or above. Too bad we don't all get paid extra for having the equipment and ability to take on these "mountains" as we sometimes have to do.
Go to Top of Page

Gale

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  13:02:42  Show Profile
Moved to Bulletin Board.

Edited by - Gale on 01/14/2003 15:25:52
Go to Top of Page

gdplum

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2003 :  08:34:26  Show Profile
I took a pair of new Cougar Paw soles to my local shoe repair guy and had him laminate rubber street soles to the Paw sole. I use the laminated set when I am not on the roof...change to roof soles at the foot of the ladder and then change back to laminated soles when exiting roof inspection. Works great....except in really hot Dallas weather.

glen
Go to Top of Page

CatDaddy

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2003 :  23:33:31  Show Profile
RR - call 1-888-30-ROOTS. That is the Corporate Care number for ROOTS-Canada. You can order Roots Boots directly from them. Sears Canada will not ship to the US any longer. We called Roots directly from our last cat site and they shipped the to us. They are great roof boots. One friend of mine has 6 pair. Cougar Paws are certainly the best shoe you can get for 10/12 and above but they are a hassle having to take them off all the time. The regular sole you get with them wears out pretty fast and if you climb with a worn set of soles and you land on that hard plastic perimeter they have on the edges when you put your foot down, kiss your tail goodbye. Its skating time! You can get a new rubber durable sole now that last longer but by the time you buy all these extra soles and the original boots, you have spent $150. With the exchange rate, I paid $81 a pair for my Roots boots. The new ones have a red maple leaf on the bottom! Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

ckleisch

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2003 :  08:52:55  Show Profile
Great information on the roof boots/shoes. But, i have a question. What size do the shoes go up to as at 6'8 I have a size 14 shoe. No jokes now. Do any of the recommended suppliers have larger sizes then those for closer to the earth adjusters? anything better then what wear now.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000