Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ChrisDean

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2003 :  20:00:48  Show Profile
Which mapping program (name and version) and/or GPS do you use? I started with Delorme Street Atlas 7.0 and then moved to Delorme Street Atlas Deluxe. I have heard (but not confirmed) that Xactimate and various other estimating programs will work with certain mapping programs. Is this true, which mapping programs work with which estimating programs.

Chris Dean

KileAnderson

USA
875 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2003 :  20:05:49  Show Profile
I've heard a couple of mentions of Xactimate working with Delorme but I haven't tried it yet. I use Delorme 2003 or deluxe or whatever it is called. I'd like to get Delorme Topo USA. I hear it is pretty cool. I've tried Microsoft Streets and Trips but I didn't like it at all. Maybe it was just because I was used to Delorme. It took me a while to get used to the new Delorme after using 7.0 for almost 2 years.

Does anyone know how to turn off the voice function on Delorme 2003 without completely shutting down the sound on the whole computer. I hate the voice directions, it drives me nuts. I have tried for months to find out how to turn it off but can't seem to figure it out so I just end up muting my computer.
Go to Top of Page

the ghost

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2003 :  21:31:01  Show Profile
I use the Delorme Street Atlas 9.0 and yes you can map out all your files at one time with Xactimate. I would be happy to help anyone, using 9.0 with Xactimate. I looked at the Delorme 2003 but was unable to send my file from Xactimate to the maping program.
Go to Top of Page

Newt

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2003 :  07:36:34  Show Profile
I have got to get DeLorme and get rid of this Micro Soft Trips and Streets,I am going to try the 9.0 first. I will have to learn to use it and the sooner the better.
The MS is OK for looking up one at a time but I never used it for mapping out multiple locations.
I'll see if I can find one on the net. Might as well use what most every one else uses.

Edited by - Newt on 02/23/2003 07:37:48
Go to Top of Page

ShermaninCO

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2003 :  08:40:49  Show Profile
Newt, MS Streets and Trips works with Xactamate also. With either you may have to reinstall the mapping after xactimate.

Bill Sherman
Go to Top of Page

Newt

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2003 :  16:22:27  Show Profile
Ok Bill, I'll give it a try. Thanks thats good to know.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisDean

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2003 :  11:18:38  Show Profile
Does anyone know for sure whether Delorme Street Atlas Deluxe will interact with Xactimate? I have Deluxe and can't interact it. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what. Any help will be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

ShermaninCO

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2003 :  11:25:23  Show Profile
Chris, what version are you running?

Bill Sherman
Go to Top of Page

ChrisDean

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2003 :  11:31:42  Show Profile
I am running Xactimate 2002 and Street Atlas Deluxe (no version number).

Chris Dean
Go to Top of Page

ShermaninCO

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2003 :  11:42:42  Show Profile
Chris that version I am not sure about. I was unable to pull up documentation on it at the DeLorme site. Check your help file to see if it will allow importing a list of addresses from a file. I know it worked with SA version 9, But with SA2003 you must purchase SA2003+ edition to be able to import. It looks like the Deluxe edition came out between ver.9 and 2003 so it is possible that it won't work.

Bill Sherman
Go to Top of Page

ChrisDean

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2003 :  11:48:13  Show Profile
Thank you Bill. I will check it out and let everyone know. If it doesn't work, I'll look at buying 9.0.

Chris Dean
Go to Top of Page

Wes

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  17:47:39  Show Profile
IntegriClaim 6.01a works with DeLorme so it says but I have never used this feature as I use Streets and Trips for my mapping. If you ever get in a situation where Streets and Trips or DeLorme seem to be giving you the wrong information or cant find a address try using Mapquest on the internet http://www.mapquest.com . Mapquest is always updated with the newest addresses but you can only look up one at a time. Its great for those hard to find street addresses and it has never made a mistake for me. I find many mistakes in Streets and Trips and DeLorme is only a little better.
Go to Top of Page

Michael Stueart

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  23:01:59  Show Profile
Street Atlas 9.0 works great with IntegraClaim, but the Deluxe Edition does not work. You can create a Map file and open it in Delorme and it will mark and route all your claims. I'm hopeless without it and my GPS. In DC and Maryland it is a must.

Good Luck.

Michael Stueart

Edited by - Michael Stueart on 02/25/2003 23:04:16
Go to Top of Page

katadj

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  23:27:04  Show Profile
Little tip on entering your claims into Delorme, for any user:

1) Create the list of claims in notepad in this format:
Name, 123 any street, passaic, NJ,07001,

continue to enter using a comma after every specific entry, name, address, town, state, zip,

After you have them all entered in this format, save the notepad to the desktop as something, (Claims-2003)

Now open Delorme, go to file, import address book, choose the one you just saved and there you have it, all on a map..

Save a few minutes on each one, all adds up, and if you find one that does not show up, go to the zip code, and do a map search and enter it manually.

Go to Top of Page

tomgriffin56

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  10:47:37  Show Profile
A little info for everybody. DeLorme has stopped selling Earthmate because they are coming out with a new model in April. The new one will be USB and I think (not Sure) it may be in a different format (NMEA?) than before, which if I understand it right may make it usable with other mapping software.

Edited by - tomgriffin56 on 02/26/2003 10:58:52
Go to Top of Page

ChuckDeaton

USA
373 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2003 :  09:46:15  Show Profile
DeLorme is advertising the new EarthMate. Better get my order in before Linda "Yak-Traks" Asberry and Dave "Toys" Hood.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000