CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives
 All Forums
 Community
 Community Center
 What do you do when you're not on the road?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

KileAnderson

USA
875 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  23:56:18  Show Profile
I try to stay busy, but after a couple of months at home I get a little stir crazy. I've taken up photography and it's great fun, but I have recently picked up a hobby that I left when I was 12. Building balsa wood model planes. I am working towards building large radio controlled planes one day but I still have to master the little ones. Below is a photo of the first of my efforts. Hopefully I'll get better with time. Please share with all of us how you spend your free time.

Image Insert:

56.86 KB

tomgriffin56

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2003 :  05:33:57  Show Profile
Handsome plane. I see one still in the wrapper in the bottom left corner more along my skill level.
Go to Top of Page

mshort68

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2003 :  07:38:09  Show Profile
Kile, with a whole lot of prayer, maybe you can move up to the large planes. Try it, it never hurt.

The grass is always greener on the other side, but it still has to be mowed!
Go to Top of Page

mshort68

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2003 :  08:01:42  Show Profile
When it's not raining, me and Catdaddy play alot of golf. The big guy and really kill the ball. Other than that, sit around and watch the weather channel praying for another Shreveport in '00. I was staff, but worked over 2000 claims. I'll take just half of that as an indy.

Go to Top of Page

Slew

25 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2003 :  12:16:28  Show Profile
I wrote estimates for a contactor for a while and put in fireplaces. Might start helping to install a/c units shortly. I need some $$...

From Nov to the end of Jan if I am home my job is to hunt ducks and deer. its a tough job! Good thing I'm there to do it!!!
Go to Top of Page

Janice Toll

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2003 :  22:18:23  Show Profile
Kyle, I, like you, lose weight when working, for all the same reasons. When I'm not working, I also gain. I gain because of what I like to do when not on the road - cooking. I really miss good home-cooked meals. Tom and I play golf, but there hasn't been much golf weather since we got home in January from "Lili". We also spend a lot of time catching up on what didn't get done while we were on the road.

Janice R. Martin-Toll
Go to Top of Page

KileAnderson

USA
875 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2003 :  22:49:29  Show Profile
Janice, I also cook. My mom grew up in a house of 7 kids and she taught me how to cook so I don't know how to cook just a little and my girlfriend doesn't eat my cooking, apparently her tastebuds can't handle the cajun flavor enhancers that I use in abundance so I am left to finish off the leftovers on my own. I made a huge pot of spaghetti sauce today. I'll be working on that thing all week. I'm starting a new plane tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Hopefully I'll be able to get some golf in myself this week.
Go to Top of Page

CatDaddy

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2003 :  22:59:31  Show Profile
I try to take it easy when I am on downtime. Right now, the boys and I are hooked on this new game we took up after they tore down my neighbor's house. Short is the one in the hat!

Image Insert:

41.16 KB

Edited by - CatDaddy on 03/01/2003 23:03:36
Go to Top of Page

mshort68

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  07:02:58  Show Profile
That is a great pic of me. Thanks, Catdaddy. When I was in college, the pledges gave an award to the most cruel active and guess who won it. The award was a toilet seat which had written on it "Bastard of the Year". How fitting.

Go to Top of Page

Jportillo

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2003 :  10:00:25  Show Profile
CatDaddy thats Hilarious. Be careful that could become an olympic sport if word gets out. Why not everything else does. Any how great pic will forward to many people.

May GOD BLESS you andd your love ones
Go to Top of Page

CatDaddy

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2003 :  20:24:55  Show Profile
I just finished a little project I am pretty proud of. Its a combination fire tower, deer stand, weather lookout station, weekend getaway, bachelor pad, retirement home. Its entirely self sufficient. I got the idea from those Biosphere people while watching the Discovery Channel. It uses only solar energy and is made completely of recycled Natural Lite cans. I got the ropes and ladders from a two-story assignment I got a while back. Figured I needed something for my trouble.

Email me to schedule your private showing!

Image Insert:

18.88 KB

Edited by - CatDaddy on 03/05/2003 20:29:17
Go to Top of Page

mshort68

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2003 :  20:54:19  Show Profile
That reminds me of home. How nice!

Go to Top of Page

CatDaddy

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2003 :  21:26:41  Show Profile
It does make me feel like I'm in Ball when I'm up there.
Go to Top of Page

olderthendirt

USA
370 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2003 :  21:31:19  Show Profile
I'll be your flood insurance is cheap.
Go to Top of Page

johnphelps1

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2003 :  09:51:38  Show Profile
You guys have too much free time on your hands.
Go to Top of Page

CatDaddy

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2003 :  09:53:07  Show Profile
Sad but true Johnny.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000