Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Ghostbuster

476 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  17:10:08  Show Profile
Good and Gentle Men, the NACA defiencies were thrashed out over a year ago. Their being a closed society and lacking the will to promote themslves as anything but an annual party group leaves the storm trooping trade without any proactive means to advance our cause as a professional group.

That remains the reason why I favor a professional trade association for us. One that melds with our instant communication here in the clubhouse. One that get out there and promotes our better interests to the carriers, to the vendors, and to the various governmental entities, to protect our very existence.

Now, we here at the palatial penthouse suites at your Ministry of Propaganda do not wish to be forced to light up Ol' Dragons Breath. It's a real pain to have to pour in five gallons of gasoline down that itty-bitty filler hole as our arms get very tired holding a five gallon gas can. Both Jim and Clayton are too valuable in their prosaic viewpoints to be hosed down with this pear-burner. I agree that they should be seated at opposite ends of the room and must not goad each other into outbursts due to conflicting personalities.
Go to Top of Page

SeizeOWisdom

25 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  17:18:38  Show Profile
Ghost, can we now take John Durham's advice and talk about sex and football? That discussion could get even hotter than Ol' Dragon's Breath.

We could even reconvene the debate over at the Church of the Orange Owl in Del Rio.

Edited by - SeizeOWisdom on 11/19/2003 17:21:14
Go to Top of Page

ALANJ

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  17:25:54  Show Profile
NACA is case and point: Not, what you know but who you know. You can have all the qualifications in the world. However, if you are not on a first name basis with at least two of their only 300 plus members, then you are out. Three hundred members spread across the United States and Canada figure the odds of knowing one of them much less two of them. The association will deal in facts. Not, who you know!

Jim: I don't use satire. I use the facts. I had the honor of meeting with several highly educated trained, respected adjusters at our VA meeting. There is no doubt that with their help, an association will not only survive, but strive. these gentleman, have education and experience that most of us can only dream off.

Jim: I'm pissed now. I'll Take the Thanksgiving Holidays and incorporate. All we need is a willing president. All willing, please email me ALANJACKSONJD@AOL.COM. IF NOT YOUR STUCK WITH ME!
Go to Top of Page

SeizeOWisdom

25 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  18:05:14  Show Profile
Alan, just for the mental exercise, I went over to the NACA website and browsed through their roster, just to see how many cat adjusters I might know who are members.

I learned that I had, over the years worked with 29 of the NACA adjusters, some of whom are pretty good friends. Further several of the NACA members are regular posters and/or lurkers here.

Perhaps one or more of these names from the NACA Roster may ring a bell for you: Mike Worley (Worley Companies), Gene Renfroe (E.A. Renfroe & Company), Brook & Bill Lyon (CADO posters), Dave Dehlinger (CADO poster), Hart Hubbard (former GAB/now Mayfield claims manager), Don Kerber (reknown flood adjuster), or Bob Uhler.

I wish you good luck Alan in all of your endeavours including this one, and if you or anyone else browse through the NACA Roster and don't know two of their fairly well known 398 members and need help with 2 letters of recommendation, please let me know. I think I can find at least two NACA members willing to help by signing your membership application.
Go to Top of Page

ALANJ

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  18:24:43  Show Profile
Well Jim:

I have ask for two. I must need your help. Thus, I am asking for your help. My new membership, with your help, will be a testiment to the others. I will be more than willing to post my membership number, with your help, here on the CADO page for others to follow.

Now, you and I have worked together. Time to put up or shut up! Of course with your help. Now: You know I am overqualified. I am more than willing to post my qualifications here. You offered and I am accepting. So, lets go!!!

I have the experience, money and now Jim's endorsement! Time to put up or shut up!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Steve_One

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  18:25:12  Show Profile
Alan,

What positive things could we do to promote, through Roy, this site as an association to help the cause? There appears to be enough qualified and good people right here to get a jump start on such an association to better put forth to insurers and the like our value to them.
Go to Top of Page

olderthendirt

USA
370 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  18:39:36  Show Profile
NACA seems to have it's role but is it even close to where we seem to be going? Many groups in the past have ended up under the sway of the vendors/ companies as the case may be. I do not know how many management types are in NACA or involved in running it. I have seen several names I associate with management. We seem to be trying to complete something that is to be for and help the average grunt(ess) in the trenches. One of the great things about this site is we do not always have to be policialy correct (I do not mean politics this time) but can speak our minds. I suspect NACA is not what we are trying to achieve.
Go to Top of Page

ALANJ

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  19:07:47  Show Profile
I look forward to working with you all! I hope the new association, good or bad, will be to the benefit of us all. It will not be perfect, who amoung us is? Let's just do our best!

Edited by - ALANJ on 11/19/2003 19:12:46
Go to Top of Page

ALANJ

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  19:16:42  Show Profile
Mr. Wisdom has blocked my emails!!
Hope you all think this is as funny as I do!!
We can only ask why???
Go to Top of Page

ChuckDeaton

USA
373 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  19:33:51  Show Profile
Alan, I am willing to contribute, time and money, there are several others who are willing to contribute time. Most are professional friends, educated and experienced.

What state do you intend to incorporate in?
Go to Top of Page

katadj

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  22:35:46  Show Profile
I got the Money and I got the time, and most of all I got the desire

Lets make something happen, SOON>
Go to Top of Page

Tom Toll

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  07:16:33  Show Profile
I sometimes wonder why I volunteered to be a moderator, but someone must help keep the trashy and vile language off of this web sight. Now I feel like a teacher in a kindergarten class, having to correct two boys to act decently toward each other. I look at posts from our two (experts) and see that their contributions could be very good for young adjuster trainees; however, it becomes spoiled when the adversarial remarks begin. I am turning 64 years of age the 22nd of this month. I have worked about every type of claim possible in this industry. I have met celebrities and I have met low life. I have met extremely brilliant people and I have met total morons. As a Cadet of the year, I spent a weekend with Harry and Bess Truman in their home and had an enlightening conversation with a President that I have admired for many, many years. This man was brilliant and was afraid of nothing. He had common sense and was very humble and human. Mr. Truman told me that whatever I wished to accomplish in life could be done, no question. Desire and willingness to sacrifice was the key element in accomplishment. In his mind nothing was impossible. I liked that attitude and decided to adopt it and feel that I have done well with it.

Now I hear that an association will not work, vendors are cutting throats, claims examiners don't know what they are doing and the world is in a general mess. We make ourselves and the world we live in what we want it to be. At this point in my life, I feel we are screwing it up bad. The only thing I ask of fellow CADO members is this: please think before you post. Don't make aggravating, vile, or adversarial remarks, as it accomplishes absolutely nothing. Try to make posts enlightening, informative, educational, and positive.

We have an organization right now. CADO, a Society Of Professional Adjusters. Lets start here to organize, as it has been several years in the making. We don't need a spin off organization, we already have one. Lets develop a standard in which we all agree, as professionals, to abide by. Lets create something that will be felt by the industry as a whole. We will never be able to control the whims of the Vendors and Carriers we work for, but we can learn from our organization and from each other. Honesty and integrity must prevail in order to succeed.

Janice and I have wrapped up here in Virginia Beach after concluding 198 claims and are now heading toward Ft. Lauderdale, FL to assist with Citizens claims. This is going to be a new experience and a welcome one. We have stayed busy all year and love it. This is a business where one must be tolerant in order to stay busy. Sure, there are things going on we don't like, but we have no control of those elements, so we just push forward. Will any of use get rich in this business, NO? But we are rich in friends, acquaintances, education, and memories.

March forward, my friends, and be safe.

Edited by - Tom Toll on 11/20/2003 19:51:23
Go to Top of Page

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2003 :  12:03:20  Show Profile
Alan, further to your pronouncement in your 11/19 @ 17.25 post, that you would incorporate an association over the holidays; I'm anxious to hear of the status and details.
Go to Top of Page

olderthendirt

USA
370 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2003 :  17:11:55  Show Profile
All we need is for a hand full of us CADOites to get into the NACA and then sponser the rest of us, a meer 400 or so and we would be able to run NACA and put their structure to work. I wonder how they would respond to 400 applications?
Go to Top of Page

sherkk

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  14:30:05  Show Profile
Certification, smertification.

Networking your assets as an IA to and with the ENTIRE insurance industry makes more sense. ETHICS, and the three P's.

Promotion, promote yourself and your career as an IA within the insurance industry.
Performance, perform your job as an IA with the ethics and enthusiasm that make things happen when storms appear.
Protection, protect yourself and your career with the insurance industry.

When a major storm hits, do vendors want certificates or real in the flesh IA's on the job, working to bring the claims in on time, so carriers can meet government mandates.

What makes an IA's job more efficient and thorough, a network of support that is available 24/7 or certificates and designations?

Edited by - sherkk on 12/03/2003 14:34:35
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000