CM175
New! Executive Laptop Steering Wheel Mount
$49.95

http://www.arkon.com/laptop.html

JimF

USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  12:40:32  Show Profile
For those who chose to use their computer while driving, this just might give new meaning to the expression "my computer crashed."

As if we don't have enough diversions already while driving.
Go to Top of Page

maladjusted

4 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  15:05:01  Show Profile
hahaha...good point jim. Not to mention needing to slam the horn and punching a hole right through the screen. good stuff.
Go to Top of Page

fivedaily

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  16:11:47  Show Profile
Actually this seems like a great product. When I handle a claim "tabletop" on of my biggest problems is trying to balance my laptop in my lap (while sitting in the driveway, not driving) and organize the papers.

Not sure yet if I want to spend $50 of my own money on this... but if I do, I'll let you know how it went.

Jennifer
Go to Top of Page

KileAnderson

USA
875 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  19:17:38  Show Profile
MMMM, steering wheel...laptop...gut. I'm not sure if the seat will go back that far. I hope that low carb thing kicks in soon.
Go to Top of Page

Johnd

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  22:30:23  Show Profile
Kile, if it doesn't you may want to consider a palm pilot!

John Durham
sui cuique fingunt fortunam
Go to Top of Page

Wally

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  23:08:12  Show Profile
This is really neat. Not only can we live in our car but now we can work there. "If you worked in your car, you'd be home now!"

Wally
Go to Top of Page

curiouscat

1 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2004 :  15:41:02  Show Profile
Just add a cell phone up to your ear and a Big-Mac in the other hand and you are all set! [Duh!]
Go to Top of Page

adjuster12

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2004 :  15:56:35  Show Profile
Great comments
Go to Top of Page

okclarryd

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2004 :  07:07:27  Show Profile
I really do work in my car and have chosen to close the claim on the spot whenever possible.

I just finished a storm in Pa and closed 118 of 121 in the insured's dining rooms where I reviewed the printed estimate and wrote the check.

I have a plastic desk from A-Z Mobile Office Solutions (on the 'net) in the front seat that is secured by the passenger seat belt and a printer in the back of my extended cab. My laptop sits on the desk and I use Delorme to find the risk and proceed with the claim to it's conclusion.

When I get in at night, I print my photos on a better printer and assemble the file. I can stick a staple in a file every 7 or 8 minutes. I get to eat at a decent time and relax and plan the next day. And have an adult beverage or two.

There's an adjuster in Kingfisher Ok that manufactures the best laptop stand on the market and he will customize it if necessary.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

LARRY D HARDIN
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.24 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000