Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

DEMIGOD

99 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  09:12:30  Show Profile
Hey guys I am making a web page for your company and we have a section in the FAQ's I'd like to ask your help with. Below is a section that I have copy pasted and I am not totally sure it's accurate and completely true. If any one would be willing please read it and make a suggestion as to how we should word this. My opinion is that some sections are a little to aggressive towards insurance companies.

PASTED:
If I make a claim on my insurance, will my rates go up?
Your insurance rates should never go up as a result of filing a claim. Rates are established statistically, based on historical and economic data for an area or region. And your insurance cannot be canceled because you file a claim. Your home is your most important asset. Your insurance is designed to protect it.

Should this state: Disaster claim?

And I'm not so sure that the policy can not be cancelled in some states due to filing a claim related to severe weather.

Any advice will be much appreciated. As we will use the new site for heavy marketing in new storms which means that some adjusters are going to visit the site also.

Thanks

gibkadj

8 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  09:16:15  Show Profile
Let us know the website address.
Go to Top of Page

jlombardo

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  09:17:43  Show Profile
Call your state Insurance Commissioner's office ask them, not us....we are adjusters....not underwriters
Go to Top of Page

JimF

USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  09:30:55  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DEMIGOD

And your insurance cannot be canceled because you file a claim.

Wanna bet?

The carrier may not "cancel" the claims made insured as you say.

They simply "non-renew" the policy.

And there is mostly nothing that the insured can do about it except start shopping for a new carrier (which in some places is easier said than done).

Underwriting can always find reasons to non-renew a policy.

Edited by - JimF on 04/22/2004 09:33:23
Go to Top of Page

DEMIGOD

99 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  09:42:18  Show Profile
qibkadj;
The site is not up yet.

@jlombardo;
We work in varying states as you do, so it's not feasible to do that.

Thanks.

PS: If you don't have any positive input don't bother to reply to this topic. I'm not looking to get into an argument or for curt and snide responses.
Go to Top of Page

DEMIGOD

99 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  09:44:27  Show Profile
Ok thanks Jim, gonna strike that out. = )
Go to Top of Page

LarryW

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  09:45:34  Show Profile
Insured files a claim for wind damage. Adjuster inspects to find a crack house in extreme disrepair, no wind/hail damage as reported on the 30 year old asphalt 3-tab shingles, 3 vicious dobermans and 4 pitbulls running loose on an unfenced property with a swimming pool and 6 toddlers playing unsupervised in the yard. Adjuster no-claims the roof and Demigod agrees with the call. Adjuster submits photos along with a risk or underwriting review request/report. Think they may get cancelled or non-renewed?

Larry Wright
Go to Top of Page

jlombardo

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  09:50:57  Show Profile
It is feasible...if you want to take the time to post the Correct Information on your Website....If you do not wish to expend the energy to post the Correct Information, than you should consider avoiding the post .......As far as working in multiple states, I am still responsible to follow the guidelines established by the Policy And Guidelines established by that State's Insurance Commissioner. We are held accountable for our actions and as they say, Ignorance of the law is no excuse....Besides, you list yourself as a contractor, so why would you want to post anything about Insurance Policies or Underwriting criteria????Do you also post recipes that were handed down through the ages???

Edited by - jlombardo on 04/22/2004 09:53:12
Go to Top of Page

LarryW

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  09:54:24  Show Profile
Curt went to lunch and Snide took the day off.

Larry Wright
Go to Top of Page

DEMIGOD

99 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  09:54:26  Show Profile
Demigod sees the property and drives right past the property! Fields Larry's call and agrees totaly!
Go to Top of Page

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  09:56:52  Show Profile
Joe, I sense the faq agenda is to set a good guy / bad guy atmosphere, where the answers / solutions will be colored to paint the contractor as the good guy and ultimate saviour behind the evil carrier and adjuster.
Go to Top of Page

DEMIGOD

99 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  10:02:08  Show Profile
CCarr,
Not at all. That is not our intention and that is exaclty why I am asking you guys. We do not paint the good guy "contractor" bad guy "adjuster" when we speak with home owners.

@jlombardo,
You are correct and so I believe what I shall do is completely change the responce to that question that we so frequently get from home owners to the following.

Every state has it's own guildlines in regards to your question please contact your states insurance commision to find out. Or something to that effect. better?
Go to Top of Page

DEMIGOD

99 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  10:17:05  Show Profile
This we are not http://store.yahoo.com/hailyes/haildamincla.html
Go to Top of Page

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  10:46:18  Show Profile
DG, absolutely amazing what is, what you say you are not, and all the more power to the what is not; for either creating that niche or filling an identified void. But, it is difficult for me to imagine homeowners buying into the variety of services offered through the what you are not website.

They will however have to adjust / adapt / change their focus or approach in the next year or so; as hail claims start to fall in large numbers outside the purview of a field adjuster's function.
Go to Top of Page

DEMIGOD

99 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  10:55:48  Show Profile
CCarr,
The this we are not is that particular contractor that paints the picture referred to in the post about the FAQ's. What I'm trying to get through is that we are not that kind of contractor so no need to suspect the motives of my post's. We don't go around with the intent to cause problems between you and the insured. We do not paint the good guy evil guy picture for our home owners as many contractors do, using the FEAR factor to get the contract signed and all that crap. That's all I am trying to say.
Go to Top of Page

jlombardo

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  15:04:22  Show Profile
The Correct response would be to tell the homowner to consult with his agent or better yet , his adjuster. If the homeowner/insured is not happy with either of their answers , than they should be directed to the Insurance Commissioner's Office......It is not your job to advise an insured about coverage....It is the arena of the licensed, claims adjuster or an attorney.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000