CADO Fund
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Tom Toll

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  21:19:10  Show Profile
In case you are having difficulty finding the new CADO Fund, its at the home page, upper right hand corner. It is under "New". There have been only four contributors to this point. Please make a contribution to this fund, as it affects all of us. Please prove to me that this is not really a "ME" society, as I hear all the time. Surely adjusters do not fall into this catagory. You don't have to send in a huge contribution, just send it in guys and gals. Janice and I contributed a $100.00 each and will continue to do so every time it is needed. We believe this to be a very worthwhile fund and it is regulated by CADO and no one else.

You can send checks, pay pal, or credit cards. Thank you.

fivedaily

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  08:18:53  Show Profile
Tom, would you tell me more about how this fund will be distributed? Who will make the decisions as to when and how much? Is there a "manager" so to speak?

Jennifer
Go to Top of Page

ChuckDeaton

USA
373 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  10:41:18  Show Profile
fivedaily, my suggestion would be to suggest that you and several others suggest how you think the fund should be used. I support the idea and because I know Roy I have no qualms about including my donation. I want the fund to have a committee to set up published guidelines, make decisions and to assist Roy in making difficult decisions. In order to get this done I suggest that a donation be made to Ms. Nuss, however small, and that a steering committee be set up to set up the permanent administration of the fund.

My suggestion would be to select 5 of the top one hundred posters here to steer and set up a permanent system. They could be selected by a random numbers and asked if they will serve.
Go to Top of Page

Tom Toll

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  11:27:27  Show Profile
I agree with Chuck, several members should participate in the project. What is in the fund right now, will be regulated by Roy Cupps. We lost an adjuster to a flood and I am sure his widow would appreciate any monetary help she can get, as I am sure Pilot will offer nothing but condolences.
Go to Top of Page

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  11:43:27  Show Profile
Jenn, thankyou for raising the issues that you have brought forward to this thread. In that regard, I'd like to offer some comments towards the "when and how much" segment of your questions.

I would suggest to whoever participates in the model that Chuck has mentioned, that their primary focus be on four issues - "who", the "event", the "result", and "how much".

"Who", I suggest needs to be defined, and have parameters created. Is it any "adjuster" that may come to CADO's attention? Is it a CADO "member", or is it a benefit that can be derived from paid CADO membership? Set the parameters of "who" is eligible for a CADO Fund benefit.

The "event" should as well be defined, with the obvious basics being 'accident' or 'sickness'. But, is the 'accident' limited to the 'job site' or more encompassing to 'on the road'? The same thought process would apply to 'sickness'.

The "result" of the event likely needs to have a measuring stick or parameters created. Did the defined event result in death, disability, recovery in hospital, or was it limited to a loss of income from that event period?

The "how much" should be tagged to the "result" parameters. It may be restricted to the individual "who", or formulated based on the immediate 'at home' family of the "who"; with "X" benefit for the "who", or "Y" benefit for the spouse, and "Z" benefit per household dependent child.

I realize that this is a delicate subject at the best of times, and that it can be a more difficult task to dispense benefits from a Fund such as has been created.

However, if the Fund has guidelines, as Chuck suggested it should, and if those guidelines consider the aforementioned issues; both the development and administration of the Fund may be easier.

Edited by - CCarr on 01/07/2004 11:46:13
Go to Top of Page

JimF

USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  12:32:47  Show Profile
It seems to me that every situation wherein the CADO Fund might be utilized will be different, and as much as possible as much flexibility as possible should be granted to Roy and/or a Fund administation committee as is possible in their determination of who, what, why and how much when a need arises.

Further, if we are going to ask the larger community of cat adjusters to contribute to the CADO Fund, then dispersements should not be limited other than to cat adjusters. Otherwise to limit this as a fund only for CADO "members" should be made clear, so non-members might find other avenues for charitiable responses.

While I appreciate guidelines, I do again think that flexibility would allow for differing responses which I would urge be based more on the needs of any given situation rather than some more rigid guideline or "rule", and here again, I put my trust in Roy and his committee to do what is right.

In the end, I believe this fund will be more acceptable and well funded by the catastrophe adjusting community when we all feel "ownership" which hopefully will instill a willingness to contribute on an ongoing and regular basis. And the ultimate success in delivery of intended relief will best be served when information regarding 'needs' is brought to the attention of all of us through the awareness which can only come from our national presence in the insurance adjusting community.

This post is not meant to be critical of the previous posts but only to urge flexibility and perhaps moderation in creating a more informal approach to our adjusting community CADO Fund.

Less rigidity and greater flexibility only serves to give greater empowerment to Roy, his advisory committee, and the purpose of the CADO Fund itself.

For those who want to find out more about the CADO Fund or make a contribution, please follow this link:

http://www.catadjuster.org/fund.asp

Edited by - JimF on 01/07/2004 12:41:33
Go to Top of Page

Admin

547 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2004 :  20:25:37  Show Profile
Here is a scan of the Thank You card from Bev Nuss and family.

Go to Top of Page

Tom Toll

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2004 :  16:19:54  Show Profile
I think it would be in order to post on the contribution page, the balance in the account and when and where the contributions have gone. This may entice more to put into the fund. Janice and I intend to put a minimum or $200.00 per year or more into it, as long as we possibly can.[:)]

This fund can be used to help adjusters who have been injured, death, or other related tragedies. I encourage more of you to put your hearts and funds into it. Surely you can afford $10.00 or more, if not, maybe you should seek another vocation.
Go to Top of Page

Admin

547 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2004 :  19:42:18  Show Profile
Hi Tom.

I will create a private forum for all of the contributers to disclose the details about the fund and also we need to select a community to determine the how the fund is handled. The forum will be in the new area. I will send a PM or email to all contributors when I have it ready.

Roy Cupps -
CatAdjuster.org :: Contact\Feedback :: Adjuster Roster :: Current Forum
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000