Certifications
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ckleisch

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  06:42:08  Show Profile
In the forum from time to time much is said about certification for CAT adjusters with various carriers. Mentioned most are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Residing in the Eastern part of NC, work during past Hurricanes has not been a major problem. However, I would like to broaden my horizons. Can anyone advise as to how or where to make the proper inquiries as to certification with State Farm or Farmers Insurance? I inquired with State farm regional office in Charlottesville, Va and they could give me no information and knew nothing about certifications. Any information that can be given would be appreciated. Humble experiance of 23 years multiline and IA should be a plus I would hope.
I thank you in advance for any input.

Newt

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  08:04:56  Show Profile
Prometric is no longer proctoring State Farm exams, it is going to be done by vendors.
Farmers is being done by vendors and certain schools.

Get in touch with Tina Lehman (Tinabee) on the EVENTS thread and she has the info.

Eberl's is having a get-together in San Antonio, Texas , middle of March. If you can get the State Farm Broadcast, you may still get in under the wire. You can get both certs. during that meeting.

Allstate can be obtained through PILOT, I think it is conducted in the Dallas, Tx area.

Brush Country is also having a conference in Feb. at Corpus Christi, Tx. Try their home page.

The Cado conference is in the making for March. They are attempting to get as many classes and speakers to this event as they can, along with Vendors and Carriers.

If you list with one of he the vendors I mentioned, (send your resume and certs), they will sponser you.

I have been trying to get all the certs and training I can, being new to the field, I have been jumping through the hoops for about seven months and still have a ways to go.
Go to Top of Page

Cecelia

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  14:44:00  Show Profile
According to Tina, registration is closed for the broadcast and State Farm is very strict about not letting anyone register after registration is closed. If you've already attended an IDL broadcast then you can take the test at the conference. Otherwise, the next broadcast is supposed to be sometime in March (it's not definitely scheduled at this point)
Go to Top of Page

ckleisch

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  14:39:48  Show Profile
Per, recommendation on the thread i made an inquiry by email to tina and never received a response. My question now is do any vendors have classes in the Mid-Atlantic say like Charlotte, Richmond, DC or Atlanta areas. Somewhere a lot closer to access. Texas or Southern Miss to far off to get to. I know well worth trouble but expenses alone on gas a killer. I know others must be thinking the same. Again just curious still interested in State Farm certification or Farmers.
Go to Top of Page

KLS

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  16:37:54  Show Profile
As you may be aware, Citizens has terminated certification for Wind adjusting. With many of you, I feel this is an important development that has a direct affect on many of us. If you want to ask to have this re-instated, consider contacting them as follows:

William O'Neil - Chairperson
Board of Governors
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
101 North Monroe Street, Suite 1000
Tallahassee, Florida 32301

The next Board of Governors meeting is scheduled for March 19, 2003. The Board needs to hear your facts in a short letter now. I suspect this was an internal decision and not reviewed by the Board.

KLS
Go to Top of Page

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  16:46:43  Show Profile
I agree Kim, for a number of reasons.

Too bad we don't have his business email address. It is also unfortunate that a representation on behalf of the CADO community could not be made, regarding this issue.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000