Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

TedPasan

82 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2003 :  21:36:35  Show Profile
Kile, I think you have just expressed the thoughts and feelings of most every adjuster who is out working right now or has been working most of the past few months. You have no doubt voiced the sentiments of probably 4,975 of the 5,000 cat adjusters out there ('the unreadable silent majority').

Isn't it about time to stop beating this dead horse and give it a proper burial?

Edited by - TedPasan on 09/07/2003 21:39:10
Go to Top of Page

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  07:56:53  Show Profile
Well I at least applaud Kile and Ted for taking the time to voice their thoughts. Although the seemingly thunderous echo of the silent majority rumbles through this forum, I do note that there has been 14 different posters to this thread; 8 yeh's, 4 undeclared, and 2 ney's - resulting in what they say in politcoville as a 57% favorable rating.

Numbers can be such an interesting piece of fodder when thrown onto the table. Consider, ".... of the 5000 cat adjusters out there ....". Ted has plunked this figure down, and further declared that .995% of that is the "unreadable silent majority" who share his vision and that of Kile.

What might comprise this 5K corral of "cat adjusters"? Surely it is at least all the independent contractors who solely do cat claims, and probable also includes carrier staff allocated to cat claims (both field and call centers), and other I/A's aligned with vendors (different from the 1st group) who only work cat claims. But, does that equal 5K? Or, to reach Ted's claimed collection of cat adjusters, does one need to add wannabe's and newbie's to round out the total?

The more I walk the fence rails and try to consider Ted's great corral, I just don't get that headcount, nor that .995% of that group is "neying" in the background.

Like Ghost, I await a decree from an executive of this vision, to see whether it is time to call out a vet once again; to ease this notion into another 6 month slumber.
Go to Top of Page

Peter

CA
5 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  08:29:14  Show Profile
Important work is often not appreciated until it is done. Don't give up there are many behind you, we are just slow to speak up and slower to volunteer. As I am between storms, if there is something I can do, I'm here.

Edited by - Peter on 09/08/2003 08:30:33
Go to Top of Page

TedPasan

82 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  09:52:57  Show Profile
Clayton, I really don't know whether there are 5,000 or 3,000 or 7,000 or 1,000 cat adjusters out there. I do know that the total number of adjusters of every persuasion (liability, property, auto, W/C, marine, etc.) in this country would surely number in the tens of thousands.

Nor do I know what the actual percentages of support or non-support is for this idea either. The point I WAS trying to make is that given those 14 responses (I haven't counted so I will take your word for it) is such a small percentage of cat adjusters or total adjusters, whether the number is 1,000 or 5,000 or 10,000 or 50,000, that there "seems" to be little or no support at this time for such an organization. As I understand politics, people vote with their feet or with their pocketbooks or with their silence. And in this case, the silence is so overwhelming that it just seems to me like a dead horse.

I would add, that there are probably as many reasons for the lack of enthusiasm and support and vocal expression (yeah or nay) for such an organization as there are cat adjusters, which is a whole 'nother topic in and of itself.

But I do suppose that you could always have 100% support for such an organization if you will take the 14 people you say have responded and find 11 more (which I first suggested by inference) and start your organization from there.

There was nothing disrespectful intended by my comments nor is there any disrespect for 25 of you in starting, joining and maintaining such a trade organization as proposed. Should you elect to do so, the opportunity as well as obligation would be to create such value in the benefits of membership in your organization so as to make others feel like they are missing something of personal value in not joining. If that happens, membership will not be an issue to you or them.

It is neither important nor imperative to your organization nor for us whether Kile, myself or others join or participate.

Edited by - TedPasan on 09/08/2003 10:26:20
Go to Top of Page

Admin

547 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  11:09:38  Show Profile
Clayton, your numbers are a little off. More people have indicated their support for an organization. Check the link below for more details.
http://www.catadjuster.org/org.asp

Roy Cupps -
CatAdjuster.org :: Contact\Feedback :: Adjuster Roster :: Current Forum
Go to Top of Page

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  11:29:33  Show Profile
Thanks Roy, that is even better. However to clarify the "14" I used in my post, it was those within this thread to the time of my post.
Go to Top of Page

TedPasan

82 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  11:40:10  Show Profile
I checked the link that the Admin. provided and by my count, it appears 35 people have responded in support, including some either retired or as contractors (not adjusters).

The small percentage created by the new number of 35 adjusters in support out of what has to be at least 1,000 or more cat adjusters, still reinforces the point I made, and no doubt, for many of the reasons as outlined so much better by Kile.

Again, to me it seems like you are still beating a dead horse, but on the other hand, you can always start out your proposed organization with 35 adjusters and contractors and see what happens. If you create the personal benefits for adjusters then others will no doubt follow.

I am not sure what kind of "numbers" you expected to have in support, but I would think that the NACA membership numbers (which have fallen off over time) would be a pretty decent indicator or predictor of what you might expect. It further seems that NACA basically was powerless as an organization for the reasons that they did not create value for personal participation by adjusters and therefore never had the membership base necessary for change and empowerment.

Edited by - TedPasan on 09/08/2003 11:45:41
Go to Top of Page

olderthendirt

USA
370 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  11:46:08  Show Profile
5% rule: in any given group 5% do the work 100% take the credit. We are on track.
Go to Top of Page

scottposton

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  18:34:26  Show Profile
okay, I for one will do what I can to help. Partly for MYSELF like everyone else would do, but mainly because I don't think I like the direction we as a group unfortunatelly are getting shoved toward. Carriers are basically ignoring IAs and instead are opting to utilize the services of TPAs. While I understand some of the reasons for the carriers doing so I think we could head this off at the pass. Just my opinion but I think we would all be better off in the end.
Go to Top of Page

TedPasan

82 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  19:21:46  Show Profile
Just to make sure we are all on the same book and page, would someone please tell me what a "TPA" is?

My understanding of the insurance vernacular is that a "TPA" is a 3rd Party Administrator (which is used often with "captives" and "pools".

Are we perhaps not all using the same language or confusing terms?
Go to Top of Page

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  20:37:57  Show Profile
Oddly Ted, the "TPA" term is frequently used within the corridors of a carrier's office, more so outside the claims department; mostly on the upper floors by the financial services types.

For the purposes of our ongoing discussions, the TPA references are one and the same as the "vendor" term we use.

The TPA do have a niche, as you say, with the captive and pool markets of insurance. However, a TPA can exist and provide administration to any third party entity, for basically any business function from payroll to hiring, and on and on.

For simplicity, consider the TPA in our world who is a vendor as we understand it, who administers a portion or element of a business function for a carrier; i.e. cat claim events. In essence the TPA in that situation is providing administration and project management for a specific event for a client.
Go to Top of Page

scottposton

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  21:01:56  Show Profile
Just curious. Wonder what an organization setup as a NON PROFIT to market and provide the services that we need would cost us all. Would we support it through our fees to them or in membership dues? I look around at some of the membership and I see adjusters, project managers, etc, so I know within this organization we have the personel to put on site for pretty much any type of event. Probably more effectively and with greater results. I thought enough of this site after visiting over the past few weeks to become a paid member. Hopefully other will choose to do the same and help all of us move in the direction I think we all want to go.
Go to Top of Page

ALANJ

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  21:15:56  Show Profile
Non Profit would never fly with the IRS. Good thought though.
Go to Top of Page

CCarr

Canada
1200 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  21:24:13  Show Profile
A "Co-operative" could work within the same ideals as a non-gouging entity.
Go to Top of Page

scottposton

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  21:30:32  Show Profile
Well CCarr we all need to get to work and bring this idea to a concept and make this thing go.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000