Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  15:15:30  Show Profile
I started this forum initally under an existing topic but I thought I would make a special one to make sure those adjusters using IntegriClaim and are interested can find it.
MSB has conducted a great deal of IntegriClaim Advanced classes and we have typically found that many adjusters who use the software might not be using it to its fullest potential. I believe any estimating software can be fast once the adjuster learns the 'short-cuts' that are within the software. IntegriClaim is no exception
I recently conducted two days of advanced training (two, one-day classes) with a Florida client of MSB's and at the end of each session the adjusters all expressed to me that what I had showed them would save them anywhere from one to two hours a day in estimate writing and claim management tasks!! Wow! When I realized this information was going to help them out that much I thought I would share this information with the CADO adjusters who use IntegriClaim.
I have put together a Word document entitled "IntegriClaim Estimating Tips & Tricks" that I have begun to give some of my clients. It outlines what I have found to be some of the most important short-cuts within IntegriClaim that help adjusters become faster and more proficient on the software. It is not a step-by-step, how-to document but rather one that makes users aware of those features the other adjusters think are powerful parts of IntegriClaim.
Since I cannot post this Word document on CADO I will try to put each item into this post one at a time. The only problem is the IntegriClaim screen shots I have put into this document to help illustrate these features won't come out on the CADO forums. If you are interested in a copy of the document with screen shots contact me via e-mail and I will gladly e-mail you a copy.
Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to read this. Take care and best of luck using IntegriClaim!
Scott Wiens

Edited by - scottwmsb on 10/10/2003 12:09:15

ccswill2

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  18:20:25  Show Profile
I would like to get a copy of trick & tips.
My email address is Scottsclaim@aol.com
Thank you
Scott
Go to Top of Page

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  19:09:56  Show Profile
IC Tip: Creating Calendar Schedules
Calendar Schedules are essentially macros of contact activities for a claim. An example of this are work rules set up by a specific insurance carrier requiring an insured to be contacted within 24 hours of the adjuster receiving the claim, the loss being inspected within 72 hours of the adjuster receiving the claim, etc. These calendar schedules will use a trigger date that automatically assign planned dates to these activity types. All the adjuster has to do is open up the individual activities and record the notes and the actual date and time. This saves the adjuster having to create each activity for each claim and serves as a reminder of activities that are due. These Calendar Schedules also flow the activities into the “Hot List” within the previously mentioned Diary for the adjuster to track activities for all claims at one time.
Go to Top of Page

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  19:12:10  Show Profile
IC Tip & Trick: Duplicating Estimates
Another feature that is not used to its full extent within IntegriClaim is the ability for an adjuster to duplicate estimates within a claim. This is typically done on commercial type losses where a building such as an apartment complex has multiple units that are damaged in a similar manner. The adjuster can simply create master estimates of the various floor plans (i.e. one bedroom or two bedroom apartments), draw floor plans, set up rooms, and even write the estimate for these ‘master’ units and then duplicate the master estimates and rename them to reflect the individual units. Any commercial adjuster that is not utilizing this feature is wasting hours of valuable estimate writing time.
Go to Top of Page

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  19:39:23  Show Profile
IC Tip - Diagram Tool:
The diagramming utility within IntegriClaim has some excellent time saving features that can help even the new user create more accurate and easy to understand diagrams. Here are some of those tips:
1. Moving Objects: If you wish to move an object within the diagram but do not want to hold down on it and drag it with the mouse you can simply highlight it and, while holding down on the “Control” key you can use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the item.
2. Moving More Than One Object: Groups or collections of objects can also be moved using the control button and the arrow keys. All the adjuster must do is hold down on the “Shift” button and then click on all the objects they wish to move. Then, after doing so and releasing the “Shift” key they can hold down on the “Control” key and once again use the arrow keys to move the grouping of objects around the screen. This is helpful in moving an offset as it shown below.
3. Using the Diagram Library: Many adjusters do not realize they can choose a diagram from the diagram library that is similar to their desired diagram and then make modifications to it. This is a great time saver. Also, after the new diagram has been created it should be saved into the correct category with in the diagram library to possibly use again in the future
Go to Top of Page

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  19:59:45  Show Profile
IC Tip - Right-Clicking Inside of the Estimate Detail Screen
Right-clicking within IntegriClaim can help the adjuster access some features that do not have buttons assigned to them on the individual screens. The best example of that is within the Estimate Detail Screen where the estimate is written. By right-clicking on the line items you have already added to your estimate you will see a variety of options appear. As a user, you can then choose to do any of the following global or estimate specific edits to an individual line item:
Price Change: Change the price for a line item and then apply that change to that line item within all the rooms within your estimate or within all estimates within a claim.
Depreciation Change: Change the depreciation for a specfic line item and then apply that change to that same line items within all the rooms within your estimate or within all estimates within a claim.
Overhead & Profit Change: Change the Overhead and Profit for a specfic line item and then apply that change to that line item O&P within all the rooms within your estimate or within all estimates within a claim.
Deleting a Line Item: Delete a specfic line item and then apply that delete to all the rooms that contain that specific line items or all estimates within a claim. This really helps when negotiating with an insured or a contractor on an estimate and having to go back and make small changes to one item.
Display Calculation Details: This feature allows you to see the details behind the price calculations of a particular line item.
Applying Taxes: This allows you to make changes to a particular line item relating to taxes. You can exclude or include tax for a specific line item this way also.
Cut, Copy, Paste: This is one of the most under-utilized features within IntegriClaim. You can copy specific line items into a clipboard and then use them to paste into other rooms. Play with this feature and see if it does not save you a bunch of time in writing multi-room estimates.

Experiment with all of these options and see how they can save you a great deal of time and allow you to apply changes to one line item throughout the entire estimate or the entire claim.

Go to Top of Page

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  11:46:05  Show Profile
IntegriClaim Tip & Trick - Phrase Libraries
Many times adjusters have redundant phrases they have to type in for the same type of field from claim to claim. Examples of this are Contact Activity notes such as First Contact notes. A typical First Contact note may read something like “I called insured and set appointment for inspection of risk.” There is no need to type this kind of phrase into your system time and time again. These non-claim specific phrases can be saved within the Phrase Library.
Another example of their use is the Loss Narrative on the Loss/Assign Tab within IntegriClaim. Many claims have similar descriptions of damage. You can create loss narratives specific to the type of damage (hurricane - wind) and even different levels of damage (hurricane - wind - severe) and pull them in and edit them to be specific to the claim you are working.
This library of phrases can be found in the System Files or by right-clicking within any of the fields themselves. Phrase libraries exist for the following fields within IntegriClaim:

- Image Narratives (digital photos or scanned documents)
- Estimate Notes
- Check Phrases
- Loss Narratives
- Loss Detail Phrases
- Proof of Loss Disclaimers
- Claim Recommendation Phrases
- Statement of Loss Phrases
- Valuation Phrases

Adding phrases to any of these libraries will save the adjuster valuable time. Another side benefit is that these note phrases have spell check available to avoid incorrect spelling of words. After a phrase is pulled into a note field the adjuster can then add additional text or delete text depending upon how they wish to customize the note or phrase for that field.

Edited by - scottwmsb on 09/16/2003 11:50:46
Go to Top of Page

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  16:06:13  Show Profile
IntegriClaim Tip & Trick - IntegriClaim Diary
One of the most underutilized features within IntegriClaim is the Diary feature. The Diary allows an adjuster to enter activities into specific claims without having to first open up the claim inside IntegriClaim. It also allows the adjuster to print off a Hot List of activities that are due for specific claims and even tracks non-claim related activities. The Diary can be run minimized. What this means is the adjuster can open the Diary, minimize it, and then continue to work within IntegriClaim. Then if the adjuster gets a call from an insured or a contact for a specific claim they can, from any screen within IntegriClaim simply Alt-Tab to the Diary, find the correct claim and record the activity right away. After the activity has been duly reported they can then Alt-Tab right back to where they were working in the existing claim.
The Diary also lets the adjuster record appointments to come such as scheduling inspections, calls, etc. and have them appear on the Hot List the day they are due. The adjuster can even remind themself that the activity is coming up a day before or every day beginning a specific number of days before the activity is due. Adjusters using the Diary for recording activities and managing claim activities find it very helpful and a vital part of the IntegriClaim software.
Go to Top of Page

scottwmsb

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2003 :  20:00:10  Show Profile
IntegriClaim Tip: Creating Macros Out Of Room Estimates
Macros are groupings of estimate line items that can be saved and used on estimates. These are typically common line item groupings such as replacing carpet and the associated line items that go with that type of a repair estimate or replacing an asphalt shingle roof and all the line items associated with that type of repair estimate. Many adjusters may create macros within the Macro section of IntegriClaim but do not realize that a macro can be created out of an existing room within an estimate. Here is how it works.
If you are writing an estimate and decide that this room estimate may be good to save as a macro, from within that room simply click on the Macro button and choose the option From Room. You can type in a description and turn that room into a macro. This is a great time saving feature that can be used to create macros out of existing estimates, even after the fact. It is also recommended that you be detailed in your descriptions of your macros. Don't call a macro Drywall Macro. Call it what it is such as 1/2" Drywall - Seal & Paint.
If you really want to take macros to the next level try the Item Macro feature on the Estimate Detail screen. It can make you even faster with the adding of repitious line items into an estimate.
Go to Top of Page

katadj

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2003 :  22:08:05  Show Profile
Scott,

Many, many thanks are offered for your concern and your most helpful tips and tricks, these are without a doubt extremely useful for a new or very old user of the DDS/MSB Interga System.

Pleas continue to support us as we will you.

Edited by - katadj on 09/28/2003 22:09:36
Go to Top of Page

jlombardo

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  13:59:11  Show Profile
Scottwmsb.......
May I have a copy of the Tricks and Tips....my e-mail is jlombardo@mindspring.com
Thanks., Joe
Go to Top of Page

AllCatMan

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  22:11:28  Show Profile
Scott I would like a copy of the tips and tricks, I'd like to see if there are things I have not see before. Email to stueartm@aol.com And about your pricing on the software............

Join in the Chat Room nightly 7cst/8est.
Go to Top of Page

TNoe

1 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2003 :  13:31:54  Show Profile
Scottwmsb:
May I please have a copy of Tricks and Tips... my Email address is: thanenoe@aol.com
Thanks,.. Terry
Go to Top of Page

pratt427

1 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2003 :  20:16:05  Show Profile
Scottwmsb:
I would appreciate a copy of the Integriclaim Tricks & Tips.
Email is apratt@na.cunninghamlindsey.com
Thank you,
Arty
Go to Top of Page

Mcbride doug

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2003 :  21:49:41  Show Profile
i just started using IC for this storm. Any more tips would be greatly appreciated. It is a wonderful program, but trying to learn the ins and outs of a fresh program while still having time to look at your losses has been a real juggling process. dmcbride707@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

BillyD

1 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  05:28:12  Show Profile
Yes, send copy of tricks and tips. Thanks. BillyD
billydl21@hotmail.com

BillyD
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000