Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Todd Summers

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  10:42:33  Show Profile
Larry,
Most carriers require test squares (unless the roof is blasted and your photos show it). Where the test squares become more important is when there is no damage or marginal damage. It shows that the adjuster actually inspected each shingle or tab in the square for hail damage. It also shows that other damage was found and identified by the adjuster by labelling it i.e. FF=Footfall and NP = nail pops etc. This becomes helpful in the event of DemiGod's "as usual" request for reinspection. If your carrier/vendor doesn't require you to do test squares, then more power to you. I just think it is a good and widely accepted/required documentation technique.
Go to Top of Page

DEMIGOD

99 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  10:48:30  Show Profile
quote:
This becomes helpful in the event of DemiGod's "as usual" request for reinspection

Tod please don't make accusations when you know nothing about me. You obviously have not read most of my post's. If you did you didn't pay attention and you'd know that it is not my standard practice to ask for a re-inspection.

And if in the event I ask for a re-inspection it's becuase I honostly feel it needs it, not just becuase I'm looking to get a roof bought to line my pockets!

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Todd Summers

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  10:53:29  Show Profile
DG, sorry, I was actually referring to your post of 08:49:59 today which you stated...

" The roof was denied the first time by the adjuster, we asked for the usual re-ispection at which time I met with the roof consultant."
Go to Top of Page

DEMIGOD

99 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  11:17:50  Show Profile
ok I can see how you'd missunderstand that statement. Sorry about that. = )
Go to Top of Page

Czar

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  12:00:05  Show Profile
I see a lot of posts talking about hail claims being denied for no damage to the roof. Could it be a little misleading to visitors/homeowners coming to this site to educate themselves to find talk of denying their claim because of no damage. It would be my understanding that a denial under the policy of insurance would be due to an uncovered cause of loss/exclusion under the policy and not just not finding damage. Just a thought.
Go to Top of Page

Todd Summers

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  12:07:13  Show Profile
I agree, you don't write a denial letter if you find no damage.
Go to Top of Page

Czar

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  23:25:46  Show Profile
Update on my post from a few pages ago. I decided to report what had happened and that the roof was not damaged prior to the contractor causing it. Insurance company required homeowner to submit another claim if they wanted to pursue, and they are going to subro against roofer.
Go to Top of Page

LarryW

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2004 :  02:12:02  Show Profile
Back in the old days, we used to "deny" liability on 3rd party liability claims and "disclaim" coverage on 1st party property claims. The underwriters could deny coverage by refusing to issue a policy. An adjuster disclaimed coverage if the reported loss was excluded or otherwise not covered. We don't deny claims if we find no damages, we no-claim them.

Larry Wright
Go to Top of Page

sbeau4014

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2004 :  09:06:39  Show Profile
Todd, In a lot of states, when the insured turns in a claim, then the claim is filed. If you go out to the loss and don't find any damages that are covered, you still have to sent the insured a letter stating the purposes you are not paying the filed claim. You are denying the claim either due to lack of damages from a covered peril, caused by wear and tear, etc depending on the the type of policy and the condition of the item subject of the claim. More and more states require a written explanation of why any or all of a claim was not paid to an insured these days, and when someone turns in a claim saying hail damage to the roof, the damage to the roof is the submitted claim.
Go to Top of Page

Todd Summers

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2004 :  10:21:43  Show Profile
Thanks, Steve (or Joyce). My statement was pretty absolute and did not allow for flexibility towards the different requirements of states that I have not worked.

I do know that often times, after I am finished with a file and have CWP'd it, someone at the carrier will send a letter which is mostly known as a "no damage" letter rather than a "denial" letter.

Edited by - Todd Summers on 04/23/2004 10:24:50
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000