Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Todd Summers

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  11:45:13  Show Profile
With all of the different threads and bulletins about the recent storms, I thought it would be helpful to have one thread to come to to view all of the info from across the country.

The Weather Channel is reporting that there have been more severe weather reports in the last 5 days than for the entire previous year.[:D]

JimF has reported a lot of rain related flood claims in New England last week. The tornadoes in IL and IN day before yesterday. Yesterday, I saw strong cells on Doppler either hit or come close to OKC, Tulsa, Ft. Smith, Little Rock and Liberal,KS. Today hail fell in Memphis. This pattern is expected to continue throughout today and tomorrow, with the jet stream being right where we want it.[:D]

There have been some excellent posts regarding being put on standby and even photos posted by Larry Hardin. These are the type of posts I am looking for in this thread.

Larry, did you survey the damage in OKC today? What side of town did the hail reach baseball size? Is anyone actually in any of these areas that can also report what they have seen or heard? How big was the hail? How long did it last? Who has been put on standby? For which vendor? Which carrier? Which carriers are going to handle storms with staff?

Please try and keep your posts on topic so that we all have one thread to come to for quick and 1st hand information. What are you hearing and seeing?

This is what this site is for folks. Now let's communicate what we know. And don't forget to take the time and post assignments on the "On the Road" page.

Todd Summers

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  12:12:09  Show Profile
Just heard from a friend who has been deployed to OKC and is on the road right now. He asked that I keep the vendor and the carrier's name in confidence.
Go to Top of Page

razorbackadj

2 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  12:16:14  Show Profile
I know in Fort Smith there was pea to marble with some golf ball size hail.
Go to Top of Page

LISA.ADAIR

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  12:19:22  Show Profile
"Today hail fell in Memphis"

Where is this report from and has it been confirmed?

LISA MARIE ADAIR
http://home.att.net/~adjusterservices/LISA.html
Character is doing what's right, even when no one is looking!
Go to Top of Page

goose

57 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  12:19:59  Show Profile
My brother was near downtown OKC during the storm yesterday. He has a broken windshield and "over 50 large dents" on the hood of his suburban. Size was estimated at baseball size and "hard as a rock".
Go to Top of Page

Todd Summers

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  12:22:43  Show Profile
Lisa it was stated by a meteorologist on the Weather Channel at around 10:20 am this morning. They also identified it as "golf ball" sized.
Go to Top of Page

LISA.ADAIR

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  12:33:11  Show Profile
Todd, Can you say YAHOOOOO!!! ?

LISA MARIE ADAIR
http://home.att.net/~adjusterservices/LISA.html
Character is doing what's right, even when no one is looking!
Go to Top of Page

Todd Summers

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  12:54:59  Show Profile
News story re Ft. Smith storms...

http://www.swtimes.com/archive/2004/April/22/news/thunderstorms.html
Go to Top of Page

Admin

547 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  21:40:56  Show Profile
Here is a link to the On The Road page (OTR), http://www.catadjuster.org/road.asp

When you get deployed please consider posting your assignment.
Go to Top of Page

Todd Summers

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2004 :  10:57:45  Show Profile
I am on standby for Big Red. Roy, maybe we'll get to meet at the storm office. I assume that's who you're working for.
Go to Top of Page

okclarryd

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2004 :  14:56:36  Show Profile
The largest hail was in the northwest part of OKC. Damaged roofs, broken skylights, several thousand cars damaged, a real hail storm.

I drove around several neighborhoods and the property claims are here. Many, many auto claims.

This ain't some rumor, I got the photos and a totaled roof and 95 Olds to show for it.

LARRY D HARDIN
Go to Top of Page

Admin

547 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2004 :  21:40:02  Show Profile
Thanks Todd, maybe we will meet. Larry I have also drove around and the adjusters are here. It appears that most of the big carriers have Cats going. The parking lots are full of trucks with ladders and the hotels in the Edmond area appear to be full.

Roy Cupps -
CatAdjuster.org :: Contact\Feedback :: Adjuster Roster :: Current Forum
Go to Top of Page

Todd Summers

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2004 :  12:35:05  Show Profile
I am hearing that the damage is there but the claims are slow in coming in.
Go to Top of Page

danguyer

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2004 :  13:28:14  Show Profile
Todd, I am hearing the same thing. Let's hope neighboritis sets in.

Dan Guyer
Go to Top of Page

1NuCat2

10 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2004 :  11:11:00  Show Profile
Has anyone heard anything new out of the OKC area?
Go to Top of Page

LMLinson

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2004 :  17:03:31  Show Profile
All I have heard is that the damage is there but the claims are slow, same thing that has been said here already. I heard w/out good verification that some that are there may be sent home due to the lack of claims. I was really hoping for it to grow not diminish.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000