CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives
 All Forums
 Claim Handling
 Hardware Forum
 What Gadget Would you Adjusters Want Next?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Red7

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2003 :  22:13:44  Show Profile
Hello, I am a newbie here and have done a few Cats and was wondering what "Gadget" Would you want next? To Speed up your claims is the goal I have in mind, please e-mail me on what you want as I don't think I will be called out on a storm anytime soon so I have a Nice Work shop and PC skills to make something that will make you all more $$$$$$$

I have several ideas in the works just need some more feedback from the "Seasoned Adjusters" that would help, of course any idea that would be used would be credited for!

Ok there is
Disto Laser-Measuring Tool
DeLorme-GPS
Little Giant-Ladders
Mobile Laptop Stands..

Now that you all have that what would you want next?

I have manufacturing experience in the area's below:
1) Fiberglass Work
2) Metal Work
3) Electronics
4) Extensive PC Know how.

Please shoot me an E-Mail as I have talked to some others adjusters recently and they gave me there feedback to get a few ideas rolling.

Will

::First Post On this Site::

Dont put all your Eggs in one basket!

JimF

USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2003 :  22:28:19  Show Profile
What about a small radio controlled robotic tool/vehicle that an adjuster could place on a steep roof at the eave, and this little gadget would 'crawl' up even the steepest of roofs and measure to the ridge and even across slopes?

Edited by - JimF on 03/17/2003 22:29:06
Go to Top of Page

JimF

USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2003 :  22:31:18  Show Profile
Or how about a lightweight cap with solar powered cells which power small dual fans on the beak which would help to keep adjusters cool while scoping hail losses on hot hot hot West Texas roofs?
Go to Top of Page

Justin

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2003 :  22:39:52  Show Profile
Jim, we have solar powered pith helmets here in Texas with little fans in the front. Look around next time you are down here.
Go to Top of Page

Red7

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2003 :  22:58:36  Show Profile
JimF
That sounds like a good idea but you still have to set up your ladder, and there is a "Chance" That the robot would Slip and crash into the insureds BMW or Mercedes.. lol same as dropping that Fat Max 25-35' tape down the slope.

Also you need that Robot to take snaps of your test square. that is asking alot! better off with a BOOM Lift on that deal LOL

Will

Go to Top of Page

Red7

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2003 :  23:16:37  Show Profile
Well how about upload time? I have a way to speed it up 60% on xactamate including the ROOF diagram.
that is the only short cut so far I have to offer.

Will

Go to Top of Page

Red7

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2003 :  23:46:39  Show Profile
Well the above say's "ROOF DIAGRAM" some vendors require a seperate ROOF Sheet with RDF Factor if this sounds familar to you then I have the answer.

Will

Go to Top of Page

ChuckDeaton

USA
373 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2003 :  07:43:02  Show Profile
How about a tether to keep that Fat Max from hitting the Mercedes or to keep that Disto close. Maybe a gadget to shoot a line over a tall, steep two story. Or a new type of quick secure roof ladder rack.
Go to Top of Page

ChuckDeaton

USA
373 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2003 :  07:45:43  Show Profile
To expand on Jim's idea maybe it could be some type of small crawler type tractor with a helmet cam broadcastin to a recorder
Go to Top of Page

Ghostbuster

476 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2003 :  09:09:23  Show Profile
And don't forget to put a camera on it to show that we were on the roof so we can get paid for the steep pitch charge.

Oh, racing stripes...we need racing stripes!
Go to Top of Page

JimF

USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2003 :  09:24:26  Show Profile
Or how about a little 'bomb bay' which could unleash inexpensive small splatter bombs which would replicate hail damage on a roof?
Go to Top of Page

olderthendirt

USA
370 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2003 :  09:28:27  Show Profile
The most important of them all, a multi-directional variable size hail producing, weather control machine,
Go to Top of Page

Todd_Summers

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2003 :  11:38:04  Show Profile
How about a handheld sketch device that you could draw your diagram, enter your measurements while on the roof, and then transfer this data directly into Sketch (or whatever other software you use), thus eliminating the need to diagram twice (as in paperless claims).
Some are now photographing their hand drawn diagrams and attaching the photo with their other photos, but then dimensions still have to be entered.
Xactware was working on a system such as this but is moving away from it now for reasons unknown. I guess they couldn't get it to work properly, or too many bugs, so they gave up.
Go to Top of Page

JimF

USA
1014 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2003 :  12:20:45  Show Profile
Sort of like an electronic 'Etch A Sketch' huh?
It's a great idea!
Go to Top of Page

Red7

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2003 :  13:07:17  Show Profile
RE:Todd Summers

I will look into that one as it is possible :)

Will

Go to Top of Page

Red7

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2003 :  13:28:41  Show Profile
The only thing I would need is all the insurance carriers ROOF sheets, as I know ___________ has there own that has about 12 items that have to be filled in such as:
1) roof condition
2) age - layers - drip edge
3) Pitch
4) RDF Factor
5) storm direction
6) waste factor
7) repair vs replace
8) depreciation
9) Decking
10) Shingle Type
11) total hail hits per slope/test square
12) Footfall
least but last the Claim #

That sounds like fun, I have a way to make that roof sheet now,
but would need others to make templates and so on.

Will

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
CatAdjuster.org Forum Archives © 2000-04 CatAdjuster.org - Adjuster to Adjuster Go To Top Of Page
From CADO to you in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000