The Hurricane Helper

Tags - Popular | FAQ  

PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 06/17/2010 10:52 AM by  WILLIS
Non-Resident Alabama License
 3 Replies
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

06/14/2010 10:37 PM
    I am just starting out in the business and have some training, and received most of licenses in the South, Southeast and  "hurricane states" - except for Alabama.  My home state is Texas.
    The administrator in the State of Alabama office said that I have to send in an "...Alabama address for records purposes.  The address you provide will only be used for service of process in the event it is ever needed..."
    I explained that I was new to the claims business and that I live in Texas, and that I have not done any claims work, have no Alabama business contacts, and was trying to get my licenses in order -- before I contact cat claims companies about the possibility of work -- at a later date.
    He said that I have to adhere to these laws, that these laws have been on the books for many years, even though friends that have been in the business for two-to- several years do not remember this law.
    So far, Alabama is the only state with these guidelines.
    I need to get a business address (they won't accept PO box numbers) by the 21st, or I lose my application fee costs and don't get the license. 
    Does anyone know of another new cat claim person that has dealt with this, and do you have any suggestions?
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

    06/16/2010 4:38 PM
    I had one of my guys come to me with the same issue last week
    I told him go through and see if he had the same problem, he didn't and is now a licened non-residedent Alabama adjuster.
    In Florida , you sign a waiver that allows the Insurance commisioner to accept service on your behalf should an issue arise with a non-resident Florida adjuster.
    Try Sircon and see what happens , if still problems , advise !!
    "A good leader leads..... ..... but a great leader is followed !!"

    06/16/2010 5:47 PM
    shoot me a message i live in Alabama and might be able to help.

    06/17/2010 10:52 AM
    First, you need to have a license in your home state. I have Non-Resident licenses in Al, Fl, Ms, NC, SC You can link any of these to the respective state dept of insurance. Go to the Alabama Department of Insurance website Go to the link for Agents or Adjusters there are forms to complete if you want to apply for a Non-Resident adjuster license. If approved, you will have to pay two years in advance, they do accept credit cards on line. Can do the same for any other state that is linked with Sircon. My resident license is Georgia I is the way I did it. In Florida it is a little tirckier Florida requires you be "appointed". You can still appoint yourself but it is alot easier to work for a Florida Vendor and allow them to appoint you through their firm.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

    These Forums are dedicated to discussion of Claims Adjusting.

    For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines: 
    • No Advertising. 
    • No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or others to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
    • No Flaming or Trolling.
    • No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
    • Terms of Use Apply

      Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.