CADO Admin
/ Categories: Adjuster Licensing

Arizona Department of Insurance


You (individual or business entity) must be an Arizona-licensed adjuster in order to act as an adjuster or to hold yourself out to act as an adjuster unless the scope of your activities is limited to one or more of the following conditions (ARS § 20-321):

  • You are a licensed attorney qualified to practice law in Arizona;

  • You are a salaried employee of an insurer or managing general agent whose compensation is not contingent on the outcome of a claim determination;

  • You are an Arizona-licensed insurance producer and you only perform adjuster activities for losses under policies you sold;

  • You are an independent contractor retained by an adjuster to provide technical assistance in connection with a claim, such as photography, estimation, engineering, private detection, handwriting evaluation, etc.

  • Both of the following two conditions apply:

  • You are licensed or otherwise permitted to act as an adjuster in your domicile state, AND

  • An insurer sends you to Arizona to investigate or adjust a particular loss under an insurance policy or a series of losses resulting from a catastrophe common to all those losses. ARS § 20-321.01(D)

Individuals who act as adjusters or hold themselves out to be adjusters must be individually licensed, even if they work for a business-entity adjuster.

Previous Article B-0033-15
Next Article CLAIM Act would allow for national independent adjuster licenses
9761 Rate this article:
No rating
  • More links
  • Comments

Please login or register to post comments.

Forum Discussions

Newly licensed

Hello, I recently obtained the 6-20 license in Tampa, Florida.  I have a full time job (police officer), but would like a part time gig that will eventually lead to full time work when I retire in a few years.  Is there anyone in the area that could assist with any mentorship /  inter

Posted: 01/07/2020 6:56 PM Replies: 0

New York Independent Adjuster License

I have passed my NY Gen Adjuster Exam 17-70. I am applying for my NY Adjuster License. Can anyone share their experiences with Surety Bonding Companies? Who charges the lowest price? Who will send the Bond certificate the fastest? How long did it take from the date you submitted your application and

Posted: 12/14/2019 3:25 PM Replies: 0

A question about license training

Hi, after reading through the forum it seems that the consensus is to try staff adjusting first before jumping into cat adjusting.  I'm at the very beginning of the process.  I've been selling roofs since Katrina and would like to do something different.  I'm going for my adjuster's license in Kentu

Posted: 11/07/2018 4:03 AM Replies: 0

Multiple ! Licenses

Is there any harm in holding a adjusters license along with a p & c agents license.

Posted: 02/16/2014 3:43 AM Replies: 9

Claims Licensing Advancement for Interstate Matters Act or CLAIM Act

Here is a summary of the Act that was introduced on 9/14/2012. Claims Licensing Advancement for Interstate Matters Act or CLAIM Act - Authorizes an independent claims adjuster meeting specified requirements to adjust claims for losses related to any disaster occurring in any jurisdiction designat

Posted: 11/30/2013 5:52 AM Replies: 10

Virtual Claims Adjuster