Latest Info

CEA Condominium Policy

Source: CEA

Information on the CEA Condominium Policy

On this page you can download a sample of the policy,

NFIP Coverage Comparison as of December 31, 2000

Comparison of the NFIP Dwelling Form, General Property Form and the RCBAP form

This chart shows provides a coverage comparison of the following NFIP policies. 

The Three Policy Forms 
There are three policy forms – Dwelling Form, the General Property Form, and the 
Residential Condominium Building Association Policy. Each is used to insure a different type 
of property. All, however, contain certain terms and condition (e.g., Mortgage Clause, 
Reformation of Coverage) that are unique to flood insurance.

source: NFIP

CEA Renters Policy

California Earthquake Authority Renters Policy

Subject: CEA Renters Policy
Description: California Earthquake Authority Renters Policy
Current Edition: BEQ-4B (01-2016 edition)

This policy is issued by the California Earthquake Authority (CEA), a public instrumentality of the State of
California established and authorized by law to transact insurance in California as necessary to sell policies of basic residential earthquake insurance.

CEA Homeowners Policy

Info from the CEA website

With a CEA homeowners earthquake insurance policy, you can choose the coverages and deductibles you need. We offer two policies for homeowners:


  1. Homeowne​rs Choice offers coverage for your house, building code upgrades and emergency repairs. We also offer optional personal property coverage for your belongings, and loss of use, which can pay for additional living expenses if you have to live elsewhere due to earthquake damage. Homeowners Choice is flexible—you choose the coverages and options you need.
  2. Standard Homeowners bundles all of the coverages we offer into one package: home, personal property, building code upgrades, the additional costs to live elsewhere due to earthquake damage (Loss of Use), and emergency repairs.


Policy: NFIP Residential Condominium Building Association Policy

Subject: Policy: NFIP Residential Condominium Building Association Policy

NFIP Residential Condominium Building Association Policy

Quote From FEMA "The Residential Condominium Building Association Policy Form may be issued to condominium associations to insure eligible residential condominium buildings.

In participating NFIP Regular Program* communities only, provides building coverage and, if desired, coverage of commonly owned contents for residential condominium building with 75% or more of its total floor area in residential use.

*Regular Program - The final phase of a community's participation in the National Flood Insurance Program. In this phase, a Flood Insurance Rate Map is in effect and full limits of coverage are available under the Act.

**Emergency Program -The initial phase of a community's participation in the National Flood Insurance Program. During this phase, only limited amounts of insurance are available under the Act."

Related Filef144rcbap_0809

Policy: General Property Form

Subject: Policy: General Property Form

NFIP General Property Form

Quote from FEMA; 



The General Property Policy Form may be issued to owners or lessees of non-residential buildings or units, or residential condominium buildings that are uninsurable under the RCBAP.

In communities participating in the NFIP Regular Program* or Emergency Program** the General Property Policy provides building and/or contents coverage for these and similar “other residential” risks:

  • Hotel or motel with normal guest occupancy of 6 months or more;
  • Apartment building;
  • Residential cooperative building;
  • Dormitory;
  • Assisted-living facility.

And non-residential risks:

  • Shop, restaurant, or other business;
  • Mercantile building;
  • Grain bin, silo, or other farm building;
  • Agricultural or industrial processing facility;
  • Factory;
  • Warehouse;
  • Poolhouse, clubhouse, or other recreational building;
  • House of worship;
  • School;
  • Hotel or motel with normal guest occupancy of less than 6 months;
  • Licensed bed-and-breakfast inn;
  • Retail;
  • Nursing home;
  • Non-residential condominium;
  • Condominium building with less than 75% of its total floor area in residential use;
  • Detached garage;
  • Tool shed;
  • Stock, inventory, or other commercial contents.

Policy: NFIP Dwelling Form

Subject: Policy: NFIP Dwelling Form

Quote from FEMA;

The Dwelling Policy Form may be issued to homeowners, residential renters and condominium unit-owners, owners of residential buildings containing two to four units.

In communities participating in the NFIP Regular Program* or Emergency Program** the dwelling policy provides building and/or contents coverage for:

  • Detached, single-family, non-condominium residence with incidental occupancy limited to less than 50% of the total floor area;
  • Two- to four- family, non-condominium building with incidental occupancy limited to less than 25% of the total floor area;
  • Dwelling unit in residential condominium building;
  • Residential townhouse/rowhouse
  • Manufactured mobile homes

Claim Discussions

Help understanding adjuster's decision about hail damage
Hello,  Our windows were damaged by hail.  The insurance inspector from our homeowners insurance company recommended that insurance cover the replacement of some of the windows based on his inspection. Question:  Should we ask the insurance to company to reconsider and authorize repl

Posted: 10/13/2006 6:34 AM
Replies: 11

Here is an issue I would like your opinions on. What way have you found is the best way to explain depreciation or "holdback" to an insured when dealing with an RCC policy?  We all have to do it., and I admit I don't get it across as well as I should some times. How do you expl

Posted: 09/30/2009 4:18 AM
Replies: 17

Flooding in Florida
I have received some assignments in SE Florida.  Just curious to see how much flooding happened.  Anyone else working assignments in Broward or Dade counties?

Posted: 11/02/2011 3:24 AM
Replies: 1

Fire policy for farmers coverage question loss of use
Customer is living in the back house but has a fire policy and has HO policy on the front house where is mother lives. They had a fire loss back house is there any ALE or loss of use for the back house?

Posted: 09/18/2012 2:10 PM
Replies: 6

Wind vs. Water – Adjusting Practice
Below is an excerpt from a 3/4/2010 WYO (Write Your Own) Bulletin from FEMA.  The full document is attached below. In previous bulletins, FEMA discussed wind and flood investigative tips and a logical approach in addressing claims that involve both perils. Attached for your review are previous

Posted: 03/09/2010 3:03 AM
Replies: 1

Can Someone Post Up What Hail Dmg'd Shingles Look Like?
just wondering if anyone had some pics of hail damaged shingles and roofs?   I'd like to be able to identify the difference between deteriorated shingles from age, rain, wind, as opposed to shingles being destroyed by hail. I've been working wind claims strictly for the past month, and don

Posted: 10/17/2008 6:13 PM
Replies: 11

NFIP Adjusters Web-Based Tools
ALL NFIP FLOOD ADJUSTERS MUST REQUEST AN ACCOUNT BY JUNE 30, 2008 Many of you have received instructions from one of your vendors. If not go to or NFIP IT Manager at if you have any questions. *** Just applied for my new account, go to first address above

Posted: 06/26/2008 6:16 AM
Replies: 1

"Supervision" Labor
 Hello - I need an opinion.   Lately, over the past few months, I've seen more and more contractor's adding the line item "supervision labor" to estimates.  This is above and beyond O&P, and in fact O&P is also placed on this supervision labor. Generally, I've been seeing th

Posted: 03/25/2011 9:47 PM
Replies: 9

Settlement of lost CD's and DVD,s
These UPP losses do not come up much in cat. claims, but are very frequent in regular daily claims on fire and theft losses. Some people love these disk and have them in the auto and the the house when they are a total loss to to ACV value from these two perils. It sounds kinda hard nosed; but thes

Posted: 01/26/2011 4:15 PM
Replies: 3

Can I submit proof of loss after 60 day mark
Adjuster will not talk about what is being denied or accepted in my estimate from my contractor. Can I execute a proof of loss after 60 days or should I hire a PA to handle this problem?

Posted: 06/15/2016 7:14 AM
Replies: 0