I am looking for opinions on the purchase of a new camera. Since beginning i have always used a digital point and shoot type camera ($130.00 panasonic), however i have never been satisfied with its inability to take good overall shots of rooms and roofs. I am not really up to par on cameras, but i have been researching the purchase of a new one and from what i have observed so far i am leaning towards a digital slr camera. The features i am specifically wanting or as follows.
(1) I do not want to spend more than $550-$600 max on one.
(2) In this price range what is a good overall camera (slr digital) ? What are you guys using, and happy with?
(3) Is the 18-50 mm lens standard on new purchase, and does it take good overall view shots ? What is the best zoom for overall capture?
(5) Is the slr memory card adaptable for quick dowload?
(6) Does the slr display the view of capture on the lcd screen prior to the shot, or only through the view finder?
(7) Are there any specific maintenance requirements for the slr?
With all the various subjects discussed here, ladders, trucks, 'puters, et al, I couldn't find a listing for cameras.
We all use 'em and either like what we have or are looking for something better.
I have used Sony Mavica cameras in various models for many years. The issues I have with them are size; availability; old technology (floppy disc), and limited use in dark rooms. The last two laptops I bought don't have floppy drives and I had to buy an external drive. The cost is negligible but it's another piece of equipment to lug around and plug and unplug.
I am currently looking for a newer, smaller, smoother, more compatible camera and just don't know what I want.
We are insurance adjusters that travel the world handling claims from natural and man-made catastrophes.